The family enterprise of MEYTEC GmbH Informationssysteme was founded by the engineer Gerhard W. Meyer in 1991. The company started assembling electronic communication systems based on telephony and has expanded successfully through the development of internet technologies, PC-based information systems and video surveillance. Meytec is part of the GSM group, an IT-TC system integrator, operating throughout Europe.
From its headquarters in Seefeld/Brandenburg a few kilometres from the German capital Berlin, MEYTEC GmbH Informationssysteme source components from all over the world to use in their sophisticated product range. With additional offices in Berlin and Moeser near Magdeburg, MEYTEC GmbH Informationssysteme specialises in developing bespoke ICT solutions for its ever-growing and discerning customer base.
In the last seven years MEYTEC has developed pioneering telemedical solutions using the digital transmission of medical data including images. Offering secure real-time, face-to-face contact between medical experts and patients via audio/video communication, it is possible to diagnose the patient quickly and accurately from a remote location.
Investment in research & development, coupled with an on-going dialogue with leading medical experts in their field, enable MEYTEC GmbH Informationssysteme to design and assemble the necessary infrastructure using the most advanced technologies for the transmission of medical data in hospitals and care units. This business model is best demonstrated by TEMPIS, a ground breaking exemplary project located in Bavaria, connecting 18 rural hospitals with two specialised centres for advanced stroke intervention www.tempis.de
There are currently around 120 hospitals in Germany using MEYTEC tele-consultation equipment.
Since 2007, MEYTEC has successfully installed telemedicine solutions in the following NHS Hospitals and Trusts in the UK:
- St Thomas´ Hospital, London
- King’s College Hospital, London
- Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust
- Countess of Chester Hospital
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
Recent awards achieved by hospital trusts using MEYTEC Telemedicine Solutions have included:
- East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust:
Health Service Journal (HSJ) awards. Winner in the category: "Improving Care with Technology" www.hsjawards.co.uk/
- Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: Guardian National Public Services Awards. Runners-up in the category: "Transformation" a telemedicine project, enabling stroke specialists to rapidly access the patient from remote locations and make accurate clinical decisions 24 hours a day. www.guardian.co.uk/publicservicesawards/winners-2009